The CSPD Crime Prevention Program focuses on providing citizens and businesses with tips on how to prevent becoming a victim of a crime.
The specialized officers who staff this program are dedicated to:
- Reducing crime and the fear of crime
- Increasing the knowledge of citizens in providing "pro-active" crime prevention strategies
- Encouraging and training citizens in neighborhood watch activities
- Training the community in a wide array of crime prevention approaches & techniques
- Providing home and business security checks
Each division has a dedicated crime prevention officer. See the CSPD division map to determine which division you live & work in.
Gold Hill Crime Prevention Officer: Wes Wilkerson
Officer Wes Wilkerson
Sand Creek Crime Prevention Officer: Scott Mathis
Officer Scott Mathis
Stetson Hills Crime Prevention Officer: MJ Thomson
Officer MJ Thomson
Falcon Crime Prevention Officer: Chris Ausec
Officer Chris Ausec
Home & Business Security Check Program
Is your home or business vulnerable to crime? Learn more about having a specialized officer provide an onsite assessment of your home or business.
Learn more about the CPTED program by contacting your Crime Prevention Officer.
Neighborhood Watch Program
Neighborhood Watch is simply a group of neighbors willing to cultivate relationships and communicate regularly to help reduce incidences of crime in their neighborhood. Each group is educated in general crime prevention, how to safely observe suspicious activity, and how and when to report the activity (first to the Police and then to each other).
- CSPD Facebook
- CSPD Twitter
- Crimes & Calls for Service in Colorado Springs
- Report a crime online