While things may look different in the coming months, we will remain steadfast in our mission. We will keep the community updated with any operational changes that may affect how we respond to calls for service, as well as information on the safety precautions our department is taking. Please recognize, that our processes may change as this health emergency evolves.
Temporary CSPD Procedure Changes
- The Colorado Springs Police Department (CSPD) is on Cold Reporting status until further notice. For more information on cold reporting, please see: https://coloradosprings.gov/police-department/page/report-minor-traffic-accident
- For low-priority calls, community members may receive a phone call to file a report instead of an in-person contact. This is to help reduce face-to-face interactions.
- If you make a phone call to 9-1-1, a call-taker may ask questions relating to illness or COVID-19, especially if you are calling with a medical emergency. This will help officers prepare to the best of their abilities before arriving on scene.
- If you are pulled over by an officer for a traffic stop, they may request for you to hold your documentation out so they can photograph it, rather than physically handle the documents themselves. The officer will then return to their vehicle, safely verify information, and fill out any potential summons paperwork.
- All photos will be immediately deleted after the traffic stop.
- A driver's signature will no longer be requested. Instead, the officer will write "COVID-19". Not requesting signatures is another way we can limit our contact and practice safe social distancing. NOTE: This does NOT mean an officer has COVID-19 or believes the driver has been exposed. It simply means that this event occurred during the spread of coronavirus.
Events and Programs
All community events have been postponed.
- 2020 Community Academy for Spanish Speakers
- Coffee with a Cop
- Recruiting events
All community programs have been postponed.
- Civilian Ride Along Program
- Elementary school visits
- Substation tours
- Volunteer program