The objectives of the Colorado Springs Fire Department Wildfire Mitigation Unit are to create awareness of wildfire risk in the city's wildland -urban interface (WUI), deliver mitigation information that assists homeowners in reducing their risk and work in stewardship with neighborhood organizations to reduce wildfire risk and increase standalone survivability of structures.
Wildfire hazard evaluations have been performed on more than 36,485 homes within the city's interface and are located at the Wildfire Hazard Ratings Map below.
- Neighborhood Chipping
- On-site Consultations
- Neighborhood Meetings
Pick A Category:
Neighborhood Chipping Program:
The Colorado Springs Fire Department works in stewardship with over 100 neighborhoods to assist residents with disposal of tree branches and hazardous vegetation via our neighborhood chipping program. Chipping occurs during a predetermined week for each neighborhood.
- Individual homeowners must register to participate
- All chipping dates are the "week of"
- Material must be stacked curbside by 8:00AM Monday morning and will be picked up by the end of the week
- Incorrectly stacked piles WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- Refer to the chipping information button for pile stacking guidelines
Our 2015 Chipping Service will begin April 13, 2015
For assistance please contact Amy Sylvester at (719) 385-7342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Wildfire Preparedness Meeting
Wildfire Hazard Ratings Map
For additional information please contact the Wildfire Mitigation office at 719-385-7342.