No person shall construct or repair a sidewalk, curb and gutter, or driveway, or contract to construct or repair a sidewalk, curb and gutter, or driveway within the City right of way without first obtaining a license and a permit to do so, except as otherwise provided in City Code.
- City Code 3.3.5 for Concrete Contractor License
- City Code Chapter 2, Article 1 for all Business Licenses
Fees and Payment
- Annual license fee: $110
- Late renewal fee: $55
- Duplicate license fee: $5
Concrete Contractor Licenses are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance or renewal.
The City Clerk's Office accepts cash, check, money order, Visa and MasterCard.
- Business License Application
- $5,000 Surety Bond - Bond Form
- Certificate of Commercial General Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($1,000,000)
- Trade Name Registration and Certificate of Good Standing with Colorado Secretary of State, if applicable.
Permits may be required for concrete and excavation work. The City's Right-of-Way Management team ensures that new and retrofit concrete, street excavations, and capital project work in the public right-of-way is constructed to City Engineering Standards. Contact the City's Right-of-Way Management team at (719)385-5977, or at 2880 International Circle, Suite 200-1, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80910.
Online Application Portal
The City Clerk’s office is pleased to offer you access to our licensing services online. By creating an account, you will be able to view, apply and submit a Concrete application. You will also be able to check the status of pending request, access payment information, and much more.